As a content creator, besides writing outstanding and comprehensive blogs and content, visual aspects are also equally important in order to deliver your message and have people be appalled by your creations.
People are prone to understanding and relating better to visual content rather than just textual facts. Meaning that the resume of a content creator must also include a few basic design skills under your sleeve in order to provide the full experience for your readers. For this article, we’ve decided to put together a comprehensive collection of the best graphic design tools that you can use to dazzle up your content from your website.
The scope of these tools array from free to premium and from an easy learning curve to a steeper one that requires some serious design skills. Yet once you get the hang of it, it can be quite fun to play around with colors and visuals to spice up your content. The dizzying array of editing tools can make it difficult to pick the best graphic design tools that’s why we’ve included only the best of the best.
Design is present everywhere, on every website, and you can have quite some time researching for inspiring web design examples to help you shift your focus towards a particular web design trend or use one that correlates to your website’s goals. Our Neuron blog comprises multiple design collections that will help you find all the best design tools and resources as well as inspiration for your next design project.
Now it’s time we check only the best graphic design tools for every designer to elevate their content strategy.
We will start our collection with Canva, an outstanding graphic design tool that has a widespread audience of more than 30 million monthly users. Canva is an all-around solution for creating a variety of projects, such as infographics, web design, T-shirts, and a lot more, all depending o your imagination.
Canva is a favorite tool for designers all over the world due to its expansion on various advanced features and tools, and you don’t even need to be committing to a premium plan to enjoy the power of Canva.
It uses an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that is easy to use for individuals with no previous experience in graphic design. The platform will also provide you with a wide and fine collection of images, templates, backgrounds, and fonts to get you started on your designs.
The prime focus of this wonderful graphic design tool is to be the main design solution for all creatives. Whether you need to create a social media post or a business presentation, Canva will have your back. If you have a team running designing errands and creating content, Canva also facilitates real-time collaboration – you’ll be able to add text animations, crop images – yours and stock, apply textures and filters, and do many more things together on the platform.
- Drag & Drop Interface – Canva uses a user-friendly interface to help you craft your masterpieces with the ultimate ease.
- Real-time Collaboration Tool – You can have your entire team work together or share projects with each other.
- Social Media Integration – Best of all, Canva as a graphic design tool allows you to create social media posts and share them straight from its interface.
- Canva Photo Editor – Easily upload, edit, and share your images all from one place. The robust tools available will make it possible to edit your photos effortlessly and create outstanding content.
- Data Visualization – Take your content to another level using the powerful features of conceptualizing your data with Canva’s graph maker.
The Adobe name sparks great recognition as the platform paved the wave to creative design and content creation by offering some of the most advanced products known in the industry. For this article, we will be speaking highly about Adobe Sparks.
Although its recognizable brand has all the premises to be a top-notch solution for content creators, the ample amazing features and tools included within this platform are what make Adobe Sparks one of the best graphic design tools for all creatives.
With Adobe Sparks you will feel your magic flow out of your designs and witness how it will empower your creations with its simple and intuitive interface, perfect for any user of different backgrounds. The platform provides a wide range of tools like awesome typography options, access to professional themes, the ability to add your logo, colors, and fonts, and all the things that a great tool should do.
You can upload your own logo, fonts, and colors to apply them to your designs and create a coherent brand. You can easily customize pre-designed graphics and texts and give them a touch of your magic to own it.
One of the highlights of Adobe Sparks as one of the best graphic design tools suitable for every creator is that you can easily remove the background from images, or other features likes image conversion, video-to-GIF conversion, and more. Adobe Sparks is a free graphic design tool that offers access to some of the features, free images, and icons. Their premium plans start at $$10 per month, and you can open its pandora box of advanced features.
- Team Collaboration – You can share templates, assets, and brand identity across your team so content consistently reflects your look.
- Ready-made Templates – Adobe Sparks gives you access to pre-made graphics that you can easily customize and design as per your needs.
- Large Typography Solutions – You can search through the library of over 18,000 licensed fonts from the Adobe Fonts library.
- Made for Socials – Social media is the future, this is why Adobe Sparks offers an amazing set of tools to help you create your social media content and publish it across your favorite platforms.
- Unlimited Design Capabilities – You can easily add and include various design elements to your creations starting from images, icons, backgrounds, and design assets.
We mentioned that Adobe dominates the digital graphic creation market seemingly unrivaled. This time we will be introducing a potential competitor that offers full flexibility and capability as well as gives Adobe a run for its subscription fees.
Since its release in 2014, Affinity Designer has had a long way off competing as one of the best graphic design tools. Affinity Designer is a vector graphics editor designed as an alternative to Adobe’s Illustrator.
This platform catches up on old as well as new designers with its intuitive and modern interface that allows users to transition almost seamlessly between it and Illustrator. You can find all the necessary tools and they are neatly organized as well as easily accessible for the ultimate flexibility.
With the persona toolbar—which divides vector, pixel and export tools into three separate sets—users can switch between tool sets without interruption to workflow. This is like switching from Illustrator to Photoshop, but Affinity Designer made it easier the switch between the two by having them be placed in the same interface.
Affinity Designer is a graphic design software, which helps creative professionals manage documents, create vector designs with gradients, blend modes, adjustments and effects, edit images, build artboards, and more using various built-in tools.
With a grandiose design tool like Affinity Designer you can of course expect them to offer prominent collaboration tools whether that be sharing working files with a team or updating templates created on another platform. You and your team will have a delight working on design projects together.
- Professional Templates – Get a hold of some of the most outstanding templates pre-designed and fully customizable to create the exceptional pieces you envision.
- An amazing performance – The modern and sleek design of Affinity Designer makes justice for its excellent performance to craft your designs easily.
- Highly Customizable – You can arrange and customize your own space and own it as you feel comfortable.
- Collaboration Tools – Get great collaboration features to share your work and projects with your entire team, all seamlessly.
- Timesaving functions – The UI has been created to give you the best user experience possible so you can spend more time creating.
We will continue our beautiful collection of the best graphic design tools with Stencil. This is yet another well-performing design solution that gathers a large audience due to its amazing set of features. What makes this design tool stand out from the rest of our collection is that for all WordPress users, you can easily search, install and activate Stencil’s WordPress plugin that is completely free and offers a wide variety of tools to make the most out of your WordPress website.
Once you have it activate it on your site, the plugin will seamlessly integrate and you can start working with Stencil as you’re creating a page or a post in WordPress’ backend. The platform will give you access to stock photos, fonts, quotes, templates, icons, as well as the tools you’d need to schedule images, resize them, apply filters to them, and all the works.
Stencil is easy to work with and simple to use for all your digital content. The platform provides all the design material you need to craft your masterpieces where you can choose from the vast library of royalty-free images. Their social media integration allows you to create and design your content and share them across your social media platforms instantly.
Stencil’s WordPress plugin is a free alternative to graphic design tools for WordPress websites, nevertheless, the free version only offers the default features to get you started. This means you will need to upgrade to their premium plans to have your designs match your excellence. Their pricing plans start at $9 per month unraveling a wide scope of advanced features that the platform provides.
- Live Preview – You can instantly preview and share your images across all your social media platforms
- Outstanding Editing Capabilities – Stencil allows you to create perfect sizes for whatever image you’re creating.
- Large Collection of Royalty-Free Images – You can easily choose from over 5,000,000 stunning royalty-free photos to use o your designs and customize them as per your desire
- Icon Collection Bundled – Stencil partners with the best icon providers to offer you a stunning collection of premium icons, royalty-free and safe to use.
- Free WordPress Plugin – As mentioned, Stencil also comes with a free WordPress plugin as a design solution for all WordPress websites.
We have included a variety of the best graphic design tools in our collection, and Gravit Designer earns its way through this list with its charming set of tools and intuitive interface, making it easy to edit and manage your creations.
The best part of Gravit Designer is how customizable and user-friendly it is, as its HTML-based program is compatible with most platforms. Gravit Designer is more than just an image editing software — it’s also a GNU image manipulation program and vector illustration software. Gravit Designer is an amazing graphic design tool made for every creative offering tools and features like SVG editing tool, presentation, options to set height and width of the document, and 19 preset dimensions for print.
Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design, presentations, or social media, or just like creating cool art, Gravit Designer gives you all the power, precision, and flexibility you need to unleash your creativity. Gravit Designer supports RGB color space, adding HSB and CMYK at the pro level.
The pro plan includes options to export up to 300 dpi, making it more useful if you do print work. What makes this platform stand out is that this cross-platform solution is free for all users and it is operational in two ways – in-browser and as a desktop app – using Linux, Mac, Chrome OS, and Windows devices.
- Accessible Everywhere – Gavit Designer is available at any desktop platform – Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS
- Utmost Flexibility – One universal solution for your creative needs, Perfect fit for diverse design work including Illustration, UI and screen design mockups, and more.
- Amazing User Support – You can use their support system whenever you run into issues or see their comprehensive documentation and helpful tips for easy access.
- Extensive free-use options – Comes with premade design assets, fonts, and POD templates.
- Cloud Integration – Save or Sync your projects to the Gravit cloud to have access to them at any time and place.
Figma is an exceptional online graphic design tool that you can also use as software. The amazing architecture and the wide scope of features make this design tool a favorite and one of the major reasons why we included it in our collection.
Figma will provide all the most amazing tools to craft your masterpieces, you can design amazing logos, social media graphics, presentations and more, for free. Figma is an advanced web-based graphic design tool that offers next-generation collaborative work on UI/UX prototyping. It is a robust application that enables you to create unique UX designs that are user-friendly yet professional.
So, whether you’re established in your field or just starting a career as a UI/UX designer or graphic designer, here are the best Figma features to get to grips with. Figma also provides some of the coolest extensions that expand your area of expertise and allow you to create freely just any design component you need with utmost flexibility.
Figma is a newly established graphic design tool that has taken the web design world by storm and has gathered thousands of users with its practicality. No platform makes designing as fun and easy as Figma. With a modern pen tool and an arc design, drawing is flexible and straightforward. Figma also has an auto-layout feature that saves designers much precious time. This feature helps with automatic alignment and text frame resizing.
You can work together with your team on the same project, see what they are up to and your changes will be saved automatically. Another cool feature is the ability to communicate with your teammates directly through Figma and brainstorm the best possible outcome for your creative production.
- Easy to Use – Figma provides a simple, minimalistic, and modern interface that will make it easier even for most beginner designers. You can quickly get a hang of Figma and start your design with ease.
- Prototyping – Designed to offer an intuitive build, Figma gives you access to choose your animations and have interactive sessions.
- Team Collaboration – Figma was designed for ultimate flexibility and team collaboration is one essential feature that allows you to communicate and design together with your teammates.
- Amazing Workflow – Figma has several features that help to streamline your team’s workflow. It combines your latest searches, most sort files, fonts, images, and puts them in a component library that is easily accessible to your entire team or group.
- Third-Party Integrations – Figma integrates with multiple top-rated applications like Slack, Jira, Dropbox, Trello, and Zeplin.
Snappa is another outstanding online graphic design tool to bring out the best of your creativity and allow you to express your work in the best way possible. Snappa is a simple and effective design solution for every creative out there. It became popular due to its simple design and a vast collection of stylish templates.
You can create display ads, blog posts, and social media posts, among others. Snappa applies a simple and straightforward approach to get you started in minutes. All you have to do is provide your email and your information, once you’ve done that you will receive your confirmation email and you can get to crafting masterpieces with all the advanced toolset that Snappa offers.
With Snappa, you can expect over 70,000 graphics, 200 fonts, and over 500,000 free-of-charge stock photos. You are free to use those for both commercial and personal needs. You can upload your own graphics and photos and add a personal touch to all of them.
Snappa is mostly aimed at non-designers and beginners. It has a simplistic and intuitive UI. It is a great choice for anybody with little design experience. It takes away the complexity that other classic designing tools like Adobe Photoshop ask for.
Once logged in, Snappa’s dashboard is the graphic creation tool itself. The seemingly endless collection of templates is a great place to start for inexperienced designers as they are categorized by purpose and platform, whether that be social media posts, blogging platforms and infographics, banners and headers, and a lot more.
With Snappa you can run your workflow like a pro, with the simplified toolbars, you’ll find yourself jumping quickly from choosing a template to deciding which platform to publish towards.
- Simple and valuable design editor – Snappa has a very clean and intuitive UI. It is beautiful because it is simple. The elegant interface is, in fact, its most notable feature.
- Multiple Resources to Use – Another great feature is Snappa’s amazing collection of stock photos and icons. Pre-made templates are trendy and available to choose from based on the graphic’s purpose.
- Compatibility and Integrations – A free plan on Snappa will let you share your creative works on two social media channels. You can share your graphics directly from your Snappa account to whichever social media channel you choose, too. And that will save time.
- Social Media Integration – Snappa lets you link to these social media accounts directly from Facebook, Twitter, and Buffer
- Extensive Documentation – Snappa’s documentation is clean and simple. It has brief articles and FAQs for all its features. If you are a beginner, there are about 10 small video tutorials to walk you through the basics.
There you have it, the hottest graphic design tools today, recommended by designers who use them every day! Do you need the most expensive equipment in order to make good artwork? We have compiled a list with some of the most popular and advanced graphic design tools available and some of them provide free versions that can get you going until you reach your peak of professional success.
When you look for the best graphic design software, you’ll find everything from free, open-source, web-based offerings to full-blown image editing programs with steep learning curves that make them suitable for professionals — and everything in-between.
As you consider which software to go with, start with your current needs and what capabilities you anticipate as you grow your business and skill set. Features, such as real-time collaboration, version history, and master page setups, are most useful for businesses to work efficiently with their clients. Most of the design tools provided include basic functionality alongside some of the most advanced features and tools to help you create the most outstanding pieces of design without much hassle.